Rangjung Yeshe Gomde Meditation Center Cooperstown NY
Rangjung Yeshe Gomde Meditation Center or Gomde Cooperstown is dedicated to the study of meditation and Tibetan Buddhism. We offer weekly meditation and Buddhism classes as well as longer term practice opportunities during our summer retreats. Situated on 25 acres in the rolling hills of upstate NY, the natural beauty of our surroundings provides a perfect backdrop for our study and practice of meditation and the Tibetan Buddhism wisdom tradition. Here, each of us practices to develop compassion, both for others and for ourselves.
Rangjung Yeshe Gomde Meditation Center is a year round teaching and retreat center. Our spiritual directors are lineage holders in the Kagyu and Nyingma traditions, specifically the lineage of Chokgyur Lingpa: Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, Tsikey Chokling Rinpoche, Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche and Kyabgön Phakchok Rinpoche.
Opportunities at Gomde Cooperstown!
Rangjung Yeshe Gomde Cooperstown is searching to fill two full-time staff positions: Head of Administration and Head of Grounds & Maintenance. Both jobs need people with enthusiasm, organizational skills, initiative, creativity, relevant technical skills, and most of all a firm commitment to developing Gomde so that it can expand its activities for all sentient beings and Kyabgon Phakchok Rinpoche’s students in particular.
- Head of Administration is responsible for all administrative functions: finances, organizing programs, publicity, recruiting and supervising volunteers, etc.
- Head of Grounds & Maintenance is responsible for maintaining all the buildings and grounds of Gomde’s 26-acre campus, ensuring that they are ready for all planned activities and programs. This includes forestry and lawn care (mowing, weed whacking, etc.), seasonal opening and closing of buildings, organizing and supervising volunteers, and arranging for repairs by outside professionals if beyond the scope of their competence.The precise division of the various tasks outlined here is somewhat flexible depending on the experience, skills, and interests of the successful applicant(s). Therefore we encourage all interested parties to apply.
• Compensation includes housing, communica;ons (telephone, internet), a small stipend, attendance at all programs, and overall conditions to deepen your practice and understanding of the sublime Buddhadharma.
For further information, please contact us at [email protected] or telephone 607-547-5051
Current Class Offerings:
Due to the high level of community transmission in Otsego county, the following changes to the class schedule are continuin:
- All Tuesday, Thursday and Friday classes will be on Zoom only. Registration links can be found below.
- For the Sunday class which is in the meditation barn, the CDC recommends mask wearing indoors for all people, including those vaccinated as well as social distancing (6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you)
Many thanks for your understanding and patience during this time.
Introduction to Meditation
This meditation meeting is open to all, beginner and advanced students alike, with meditation instruction available on request. After meditation, we will explore different topics and how to bring meditation to them.
Please join us as we come together as a virtual group to practice and further our understanding of meditation.
Zoom Only teaching with Matthew Zalichin
Gomde Introduction to Meditation is free to all.
New: Beginning October 21 and 22
Looking for the Guru
Much has been written about this important aspect of the Vajrayana path. What is a Guru? Is it necessary to have one? How do I find one? And what do I do after I find one?
Join us in meditation and discussion as we explore this topic through our reading of Shenpen Hookham’s book The Guru Principle and Dzongsar Khyentse’s The Guru Drinks Bourbon.
Zoom only Thursdays and Fridays teaching by Matthew Zalichin
Trinle Nyingpo English Sadhana Practice
Gomde Cooperstown will be offering students an opportunity to practice on Zoom the Trinle Nyingpo sadhana in English on Wednesdays at 11:30am EDT. All students with the empowerment are welcome to register to join us.
Zoom only. Led by Phakchok Rinpoche’s students.
New: Beginning October 17
Finding Rest in the Nature of the Mind
Michael Friedman will be teaching at Gomde Cooperstown from Longchenpa’s Finding Rest in the Nature of the Mind ,Trilogy of Rest, Volume 1.
Begins October 17, 2021
Sundays, 11:00 – 12:30pm EDT at Rangjung Yeshe Gomde Meditation Center, 412 Glimmerglen Road, Cooperstown.
All who are vaccinated are welcome. While in the meditation barn, the CDC recommends mask wearing indoors for all people, including those vaccinated as well as social distancing (6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you)
2021 Personal Retreats
Our beautiful 25 acre campus with retreat cabin, meditation hall, dining/kitchen facilities and bathhouse is available to individuals and groups who would like to deepen their meditation practice. For more information, please contact us.
To receive all updates to all Gomde class and retreats schedules