Tashi Delek Happy Losar
Enjoy photos of the 2013 Losar celebration at KaNying Shedrup Ling Monastery in Boudhanath Nepal featuring our beloved teacher Tsikey Chokling Rinpoche.
Losar is Tibetan New Year which begins on February 24. It is a time a when we work to purify the negativities of the past in order to create the conditions that will bring good fortune and merit into the new year.
May all beings be happy!
Join us as we begin the Year of The Iron Mouse in meditation and celebration at our Losar Open House on Sunday February 23 from 1-3pm.
At Gomde Cooperstown
We are a Buddhist meditation center where everyone is welcome! Perhaps you’re curious and want to learn meditation. Or maybe you want to dive into the Buddha’s teachings. Whatever the reason, we are committed to creating an environment where we can learn how to reduce our own suffering and that of others and also build a caring community that helps sustain and nurture us all.
Weekly Practice and Class Schedule at Gomde Cooperstown
We offer several opportunities for meditation practice and Buddhist studies in various locations weekly. These sessions include the study of Buddhist texts and group discussion which help to inform our practice. Our current schedule includes:
- Welcoming the Unwelcome, Tuesdays 6-7pm, at Bassett Chapel, 1 Atwell Road Cooperstown NY
- Emptiness Meditation, Thursdays 6-7:30pm and Fridays 11-12:30pm at Rangjung Yeshe Gomde Meditation Center
- The Jewel Ornament of Liberation, Sundays 11-12:30pm at Rangjung Yeshe Gomde Meditation Center
2020 Summer Retreats Programs Schedule
We are pleased to offer the following programs for 2020:
- Ngondro Retreat – June 17-24
- Sadhana Ritual Course – June 26-July 12
- Ethics: Prequel to 9 Yanas – July 17-19
Join our mailing list and receive updates on all our programs and retreats!